Universities’ Club Toolkit for Careers Advisers
The MyPlus Universities’ Club Toolkit provides information, resources and guidance to University staff who are supporting disabled students as they search for placements, internships and graduate roles.
Based on feedback we have highlighted some of the main topics raised by students during the recruitment process and created simple ‘conversation cards’to be used as required, to support them in making informed choices.
Our ‘Challenges’ video can be used to share information about the MyPlus Students’ Club and how your students can benefit from it.
- MPUC Toolkit Introduction: Why Disability Matters
- Understanding Disability
- Challenges Facing Disabled Students
- Conversation Cards
- The benefits of being open
- How to be open
- Applying for work with a disability
- Requesting Adjustments in the recruitment process
- Communicating Strengths
- Accessing disability confident employers