Universities’ Club Toolkit for Careers Advisers
The MyPlus Universities’ Club Toolkit provides information, resources and guidance to University staff who are supporting disabled students as they search for placements, internships and graduate roles.
Based on feedback we have highlighted some of the main topics raised by students during the recruitment process and created simple ‘conversation cards’ to be used as required, to support them in making informed choices.
Our ‘Challenges’ video can be used to share information about the MyPlus Students’ Club and how your students can benefit from it.
- MPUC Toolkit Introduction: Why Disability Matters
- Understanding Disability
- Challenges Facing Disabled Students
- Conversation Cards
- The benefits of being open
- How to be open
- Applying for work with a disability
- Requesting Adjustments in the recruitment process
- Communicating Strengths
- Accessing disability confident employers
Student skills sessions: digital training packs
We have developed 4 skills sessions designed for use by staff, to coach students on some of the key challenges that they frequently face whilst applying for jobs and navigating the recruitment process.
Each interactive training package will equip you with up to date information and the resources to build the confidence and skills of disabled students to address the unique challenges they face as they successfully transition from education into employment.
THE 4 SKILLS SESSIONS ARE:
- The 4 skills sessions are:
- Disclosure: How to disclose a disability and benefits of doing so
- Identifying strengths: Using a disability to stand out from the crowd
- Accessing support & adjustments during the recruitment process
- Applying with a disability: accounting for differences in your application
Each digital training pack includes:
- A Train the Trainer guide & notes
- A video introduction to the training
- A power point deck of slides
These digital training packs are £350 + VAT each; UC members are able to benefit from the discounted rate of £250 + VAT per pack.